Call for Papers: The Road Travelled, 9th Annual International Islamophobia Conference
CRG’s IRDP at the University of California, Berkeley & Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies at the University of Leeds, UK
Islamophobia Studies Journal
Conference Dates: April 27-29, 2018
Location: UC Berkeley
The theme for the 9th annual International Islamophobia Conference is framed by a critical article written by Professor S. Sayyid and Abdoolkarim Vakil (Article: Reports of Islamophobia 1997 & 2017) on the occasion of Runnymede Trust publishing, “Islamophobia: Still a Challenge for us all”. We included the link for the full article to contextualize the 9th annual conference call for papers, which seeks to examine five areas framed by the authors and abstracts should engage one or more of these strands. The conference welcomes panels organized around one of the themes or a panel that has distinct papers each covering one of the themes.
1. What’s In A Name
2. Islamophobia and Racism
3. The Globalization of Islamophobia
4. The Muslim Ghost in the Machine
5. Are We There Yet?
6. Note: Abstracts are limited to 300 words and a one paragraph (100 words) biography to be used for the program, if the paper is selected.
7. Abstracts are due by Jan. 30th, 2018
8. Response to abstracts by Feb. 15th, 2018
9. Final Invite by March 1st, 2018